View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trove
Guild Master

re: Raid Parsers

Tonight I'm going to install a combat log parser for the first time for SWTOR and mess around with it. There is finially a ACT plugin, I'll probably start with this since I already have ACT installed from RIFT and am familiar with it.

There is also one that someone developed that does have the ability to link everyones results together, iffy on that one though as it auto updates everytime you start it up (meaning it will download files to your machine without your permission and those files can change anytime in the future)

link to parser reviews:

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/04/swtor-combat-log-parser-roundup/
Ryzuk

Is this a sort of recount dps meter

Yes it will parse your dps, as well as show damage percent from individual skills you use. I will be installing this soon.
Trauis
Raid Leader

re: setup

to set this up, you need to install the ACT client as well as the swtor plugin provided in Leeriks link.

when you download the swtor plugin you will get a file called "SwtorParser.cs", you can put this file anywhere, I just created a folder named "swtor parser" and put it in there.

when you set up ACT for the first time it will ask you to choose a folder for ACT to read the combat log from. For this step you need to make sure you have combat logging enabled within the game under "combat logging". Then go to "documents" on your computer and click "Star Wars - The Old Republic" folder, "Combat Logs" and then click the file within that folder, then click open.

Now click on the Plugins tab in ACT and make sure that it shows "SwtorParser.cs" and that the enabled box is checked.

Now you should be all set up and able to parse your dps.

If you want to have an overlay window on your screen, click the "Show Mini" button on the top right of your ACT window.
Ryzuk

I recomend everyone that is raiding should get this it is a great way to find out which items are best for you example relics, implants ext. Also it shows what ability is doing the most damage down to the lowest. Its pretty simple to use to just dont add the plugin twice like i did youll be at twice the amount you should be at

The dummy is on the gav daragon bridge deck btw theres 4 dummies you want the operations dummy

Jump to: